We are looking for a Contract Medical Illustrator to join our team on a contract basis. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully working as a freelance medical illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. We’re looking for candidates who value and want to contribute to our positive company culture.
Mao Miyamoto Medical Media Inc. is a fast-growing creative agency serving academic institutions and healthcare sectors across the globe. Our illustration service is being used by the top scientific institutions and pharmaceutical leaders to communicate game-changing findings over ten countries around the world. Our mission is to improve scientific communication through execusion of better design, lower the bar of learning highly-complex scientific concept, and raise medical and scientific literacy to help everyday people make better healthcare decisions globally.
Contract Medical Illustrator works as a creative expert in developing journal figures and infographics for branded and unbranded content within the pharma and biotech fields. They must be comfortable researching medical concepts, understanding how to convey information to specified target audiences, and working closely with internal team and clients to create impactful visuals and content for health care professionals, scientists, and general audiences alike.
- Collaborating with internal and external team of scientists, editors, designers, project managers, and other associates to interpret key scientific principles into visual, multimedia contents.
- Developing branded and unbranded visuals, design elements, infographics, website images, and slide decks to be shown and delivered to the client
- Researching and learning the scientific concept and illustrating the MoA (mechanism of action) and MoD (mechanism of disease) processes.
- Developing compelling sketches ready to be shown to the team and client for communication as needed.
- Working closely and collaboratively with other team members and leadership to help meet and exceed expected quality of deliverables.
- Communicating closely within team and participating in meetings and reviews.
- A strong candidate is highly detail-oriented, organized, pragmatic, diplomatic, and focused on maintaining positive working relationships
Skills and Interests for success:
- Deep understanding of molecular biology, paired with a desire to discover and keep learning about the up-to-date biological findings, technologies, and pharmaceutical treatments.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design and illustration, with the proficiency and Adobe Creative Suites, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Experience in creating projects using 3D software especially Cinema 4D is a plus
- Experience in 2D/3D motion graphics using After Effects and Premiere are plus.
- A proven record of success working as a medical illustrator on several projects.
- Experience with project and production management tools including: toggl, notion, Slack, Office Suite.
- Capturing and cataloging accurate information and action items during meetings.
- Extremely high work ethics and commitment to meet the quality of work and deadline
- Highly self-motivated and organized
- Comfortable with self-managing and juggling multiple project
- Experience working successfully on a remote team (Mao Miyamoto Medical Media, Inc is a fully remote company.)
- Attention to detail to achieve accurate and realistic medical illustrations.
- Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge on both science and creative space.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of healthy critiquing and openness to feedback.
- Has a strong interest in expressing empathy
- Interest and passion in graphic design and the medical space
- Willing and able to learn up-to-date biological and medical concept as needed.
- Willing and able to learn new artistic skills including 3D modeling and 2D/3D motion graphics
NOTE: We are hiring remotely in the US for this role
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of our team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.